William C. Kimbrough was born 11 July 1924 to Jack Kimbrough and Charlsie Sexton
He was killed in action on 11 August 1944 in France
Buried at White Pine Cemetery, White Pine, TN
The Knoxville Journal, February 18, 1945
Pvt. Wwilliam C. Kimbrough, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jack Kimbrough of White Pine, was killed in action Aug. 11 in France, according to a War Department notice received by his parents.
Entering service Jan. 26, 1944, Kimbrough took his basic training at Fort McClellan, Ala., and went overseas in July, 1944. He was serving with the infantry at the time he was killed.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 11 July 1924
- Date of death: 11 August 1944
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: White Pine
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 116th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: White Pine Cemetery, White Pine, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William C. Kimbrough
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.