William Brown was born in Smokey, Tennessee, son of Parsida Lowe Goodman and grandson of John and Nancy Low. He resided with his grandparents. He enlisted at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia on 14 November 1917. Pvt Brown was severely wounded on 20 July 1918 and killed in action on 5 October 1918.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 April 1899
- Date of death: 5 October 1918
- County: Scott
- Hometown: Smokey
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company A, 24th Infantry, 1st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Cantigny, Soissons, St. Mihiel, Argonne Forest
- Burial/Memorial Location: Smokey Creek Cemetery, Smokey Junction, Scott County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William Brown
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.