Captain William Bruce Davis was assigned to the 45th Infantry Regiment Phillippine Scouts. When war broke out on 7th of December 1941, the 45th fought against the Japanese invaders withdrawing to the Bataan Pennisula, where it finally surrendered on 9 April 1942.
Captain Davis was killed in action on 6 April 1942. He is remembered on the Tablets of the Missing at the Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
- Rank: Captain
- Date of death: 6 April 1942
- County: Washington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 45th Infantry Regiment, Philippine Scouts
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Silver Star, Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William B. Davis