William Beecher Carpenter served on the Advance Aviation Base “A” N.A.S., Norfolk, VA, in 1941 and was transferred from the Motor Torpedo Boat Training Center at Portsmouth, RI, to the U.S.S. Motor Torpedo Boats Squadron Six on 24 August 1942.
Son of Mrs. Carl Moser
- Rank: Gunnersmate Third Class
- Date of death: 5 March 1943
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Jennifer Holder
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.