William Alexander Sharp was born in Inman, TN. Son of Willliam B. Sharp and Barbara Drucilla Long. Husband of Enid Cloud Harrion Sharp. Father of Billie Anita Sharp.
He died at sea of pneumonia, following an attack of the influenza. He had been two days on the ocean. He leaves a wife, who dreamed of his death a few days ago, and who is now dangerously ill with influenza. Dewitt Sharpe, of this place, is a brother.
The body was brought to the valley for interment. He was about 21 years old.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 30 May 1897
- Date of death: 5 October 1918
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Whitwell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company G, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pryor Cemetery #1, Whitwell, Marion County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William A. Sharp
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.