William Andrew Ohls was born 29 September 1893 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Son of Samuel W. Ohls and Ella Nancy Cooper.
He was killed in action in Blanc Mont and initially buried at Cemetery C, 262 Map Tahure in France.
Photo from the Chattanooga Sunday Times Memorial Supplement, May 25, 1919 courtesy of Annette Bradford
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 29 September 1893
- Date of death: 6 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company M, 9th Infantry
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Château-Thierry, Soissons, St. Mihiel, Blanc Mont; Meuse-Argonne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Forest Hills Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William A. Ohls
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.