William Arthur Kimsey Jr.
Chief Warrant Officer Kimsey was a member of 220th Aviation Company, 17th Aviation Group, 1st Aviation Brigade. On January 21, 1968, he was the pilot of a Cessna Bird Dog Observation Aircraft (O-1D) on a mission over the Demilitarized Zone. His aircraft was shot down just into North Vietnam. His remains were recovered on January 1, 1998. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.
- Rank: Chief Warrant Officer, Third Class
- Date of birth: 9 January 1947
- Date of death: 21 January 1968
- County: Polk
- Hometown: Reliance
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 220th Aviation Company, 17th Aviation Group
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Arlington County, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William A. Kimsey Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.