2nd Lt Furlow was killed in action on a bombing mission in the South Pacific.
The Knoxville Journal, June 12, 1942
Bombardier – William A.S. Furlow Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. William A.S. Furlow, Bristol, yesterday received a commission as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army Air Forces at graduating exercises at the world’s largest bombardier college at Midland Army Flying School, Texas. Furlow was a student from 1938 to 1942 at Austin Peay Normal, Clarksville.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 9 January 1917
- Date of death: 31 August 1943
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 394th Bomber Squadron
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shelby Hills Cemetery, Bristol, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William A. Furlow
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.