Private Will (William or Willie) Dulaney Roscoe Carr was born in Bristol, Tennessee. He entered the service on 13 May 1918 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia. He served with the 140th Machine Gun Battalion, 39th Division, Company A. He died of cerebro spinal-meningitis in France.
He was the son of John A. Carr and Adelia Ellen Hicks. Husband of Letisha Edwards.
The Kingsport Times, 26 November 1920
Bloomingdale, Nov. 24 – The body of Private William Carr, who died in France in October, 1918, was brought here for re-burial. The remains arrived Sunday and were buried Monday in the Reedy Creek Cemetery.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 March 1887
- Date of death: 2 October 1918
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bloomingdale
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company A, 140th Machine Gun Battalion, 39th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arcadia United Methodist Church Cemetery, Kingsport, Sullivan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Will R. Carr
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.