Wiley Hines was born on 3 October 1888 at Grant, Grayson County, Virginia. He was the son of Melessia Hines.
He sailed with the vessel Aquitania, departing from New York City, NY on 2 September 1918.
Pvt Hines served with Company H, 333rd Infantry Regiment, 84th Infantry Division. He died of disease in France and was initially buried at the French Cemetery at St. Astier, Dordogne in France. He was buried at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia on 12 January 1922.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 October 1888
- Date of death: 23 September 1918
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Crentle
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 333rd Infantry Regiment, 84th Infantry Division
- Theater: France, Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Wiley Hines
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.