Wiley Elmer Rader was born on 16 December 1921, the son of John Marcus Rader and Elizabeth Baker Wygal.
He died 26 October 1944 in New Guinea.
Buried at Willoughby Cemetery, Bulls Gap, TN
371st Bomber Squadron, 307th Bomber Group, 13th Air Corps
Wiley was my uncle (dad’s brother) that dad missed so much after
Wiley was killed.
–Submitted by John Rader
My Uncle, Don Moody, was a crew member with Wiley Rader and was killed in the same plane crash on October 26, 1944. Don Moody is the 4th from the left in the second row of the photo. He was the tail gunner.
–Submitted by Don Swain
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 16 December 1921
- Date of death: 26 October 1944
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Bulls Gap
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 371st Bomber Squadron, 307th Bomber Group
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Willoughby Cemetery, Bulls Gap, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Wiley E. Rader
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.