Born 1 January 1910
Died non Battle 31 October 1942
31st Infantry Regiment, Company I
Sgt Price was taken prisoner on 7 May 1942 in the Southwest Pacific Theatre, Philippine Islands and died as Prisoner of war at Camp 14-121 in the Philippines.
The Kingsport News, 19 July 1949
Rogersville – Sgt Western Price, 31, when he died in a Japanese prison camp in the Philippines on October 31, 1942, will be brought back to Rogersville Thursday and his body will be removed to Colboch-Price Funeral Home. Sgt Price enlisted in 1934 and served in the Philippines at the time of the surrender there. He is survived by his mother and stepfather, Mrs. Elsie Bowling and A.S.A. Bowling; and four half-sister; Mrs. Stella Sharp, Pressmen’s Home, Mrs. Dorothy Price, Mrs. Pauline Wilder and Miss Mary Bowling, Bulls Gap.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 1 January 1910
- Date of death: 31 October 1942
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Bulls Gap
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 31st Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Guadalacanal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Homer Price Cemetery, Eidson, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Western Price
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.