KILLED IN LINE OF DUTY ON OKINAWA
Unicoi Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Monroe County, Tennessee, USA
Son of Local Man Killed in Explosion
Wesley E. Tallent airman third class, of Tellico Plains, died April 13th of second and third degree burns received in an explosion of chemicals and paint on Okinawa, his wife Mrs. Arkie Tallent, has been notified. He is the son of Ike Tallent of Sweetwater.
Mr. Tallent, 42 years old, was injured in the explosion April 10.
He is survived by his wife, two sons, Bill in Korea and Harold of Tellico Plains, brother, Andrew, of Alcoa and one sister, Bonnie Tallent of Tellico Plains.
The son, Bill, has been granted emergency leave from Korea and is expected to arrive home Monday.
Photo submitted by Mrs. Cindy Womble Billman
- Rank: Airman Third Class
- Date of birth: 7 June 1909
- Date of death: 12 April 1952
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Tellico Plains
- Service Branch: Air Force
- Conflict: Korean War
- Burial/Memorial Location: Unicoi Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Wesley E. Tallent