Wayne Dexter Pratt was born 18 November 1919 to Robert L. Pratt and Ella Conner.
S/Sgt Pratt was killed in action near Fels in Luxembourg. Buried at Pleasant View Cemetery, Morristown, TN.
Hoping to get medal info and picture of Uncle I was named after.
–Submitted by his nephew, Dwayne Pratt
The Knoxville Journal
Staff Sgt. Wayne D. Pratt, 24, husband of Mrs. W.D. Pratt and son of Mr. and Mrs. Bob Pratt Morristown, was killed in action Jan. 27 in Luxembourg, the War Department announced.
Sergeant Pratt was previously reported missing in action. He entered service April 6, 1944, and trained at Camp wheeler, Ga. He went overseas in September. He is survived by his wife and two children, Donald Wayne and Robert Lee Pratt.
Before entering service, he was employed at a hosiery mill in Morristown.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 18 November 1919
- Date of death: 27 January 1945
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Talbott
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 318th Infantry Regiment, 80th Infantry Division, Company C
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pleasant View Cemetery, Morristown, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Wayne D. Pratt
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.