Corporal Wayne Charles Williams, from Maryville, Tennessee, was born on December 2, 1944. He served in the military for one year. His tour in Vietnam began on September 26, 1967. He served as a pioneer for C Company, 26th Engineering Battalion, Americal Division. He died at the age of 23 on June 26, 1968, in Quang Nam, South Vietnam, from wounds caused by an explosive device. His death is listed as a hostile, ground casualty. He is buried in Alleghany Missionary Baptist Cemetery in Blount County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 2 December 1944
- Date of death: 26 June 1968
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 26th Engineering Battalion, Americal Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Alleghany Missionary Baptist Cemetery, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Wayne C. Williams
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.