Private First Class Warren West of Lake City, Tennessee was born on June 24, 1934. He was the son of Raymond and Ollie Bunch West. He was a member of the 57th Ordnance Recovery Company, U.S. Army. On July 10, 1953, he was burned to death when a tank transporter overturned and caught fire. He is buried in Oak Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Caryville, Campbell County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 24 June 1934
- Date of death: 10 July 1953
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Lake City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 57th Ordnance Recovery Company
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Grove Missionary Baptist Church, Caryville, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Warren West
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.