Pvt. Warren J. Sloan
317th Inf, 80th Div.
Killed in Germany
Buried Tellico Bapt. Church Cem.
Pvt. Warren J. Sloan, son of Mr. and Mrs. O.B. Sloan, was killed in action in Germany on Feb. 26, while with Lt. Gen. George B. Patton’s Third Army. Warren was 22 years of age. Besides his parents he is survived by three sisters, Mrs. Carroll Cagle, Misses Reba and Gena Sloan, of Madisonville. He attended school at Tellico Plains and graduated at Loudon High School in 1941. He was previous to entering service, employed at Alcoa North Plant, and had been with the Army since July 25, 1944, receiving his basic training at Camp Wheeler, Ga, and arriving overseas on Feb. 5, 1945. He was a member of Cane Creek Baptist Church.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 June 1922
- Date of death: 26 February 1945
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Tellico Plains
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 317th Infantry Regiment, 80th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Tellico Baptist Church, Madisonville, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Warren J. Sloan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.