Tom Ward was born on 8 August 1926 at Knoxville, TN. He attended Broom junior High School and Shield Elementary School in Cincinnati before enlisting in the Army in 1948. He went to Vietnam in April, and at the time of his death was an advisor to a government Ranger unit Son of Tommie G. and Opal V. Ward. Husband of Betty Jo Ward and father of Glenn Stewart Ward.
He died on 20 August 1964 in Vietnam
He is registered as a resident of Cincinnati, Ohio
He is buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in Knoxville, TN.
Military Assistance Advisory Group
Recipient of the Distinguished Service Cross and Purple Heart
Photo courtesy; http://www.honorstates.org
- Rank: Sergeant First Class
- Date of birth: 8 August 1926
- Date of death: 20 August 1964
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Distinguished Service Cross, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Tom Ward
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.