Private Walter Rogers served in Battery A, 21st Field Artillery. He contracted broncial pneumonia in February 1919 and died therefrom a few days later. Pvt Rogers was initially buried in Luxembourg. He was buried in Knoxville National Cemetery on November 15, 1920 (Section B, Site 3642).
He was born in Lenoir City. He died at the age of 21.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 October 1895
- Date of death: 14 February 1919
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery A, 21st Field Artillery, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: St. Die, St. Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne, Loneville sector
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter Rogers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.