Private Walter Reens Million, Service Number Unknown
Walter was born on 21 July 1893 in Jonesborough, Washington County, Tennessee. He was working as a Sheet Metal Worker for S. B. White in Johnson City, Tennessee when he enlisted in the United States Army at Fort Thomas, Campbell County, Kentucky on 15 July 1918. Walter was assigned to the 17th Infantry Regiment and dispatched to Fort McPherson in East Point, Fulton County, Georgia. Upon arriving Fort McPherson, he was further assigned to the Supply Company.
Walter passed away there on 7 October 1918, he was 25 years old. Walter’s interred at the Telford Cemetery, Section B, Row 33, Grave 3 at the Telford United Methodist Church in Telford, Tennessee. He’s the son of Elbert Jackson Million and Sarah Catherine “Sallie” Stanton.
Note: Walter listed his date of birth as 22 July 1894 on his Registration Card.
–Submitted By: Allen D. Jackson, USAF (Ret)
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 21 July 1893
- Date of death: 7 October 1918
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Telford
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 17th Infantry Supply Company, 11th Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Telford Cemetery, Telford, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter R. Million
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.