Corporal Walter Robert Brummett was born on September 26, 1924, in Anderson County, Tennessee. He was the son of Floyd H. Brummett and Irene L. Cole Brummett. He enlisted for service in World War II on March 9, 1943, in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. After the war, he returned to Anderson County where he married Elizabeth Williams on April 3, 1947. The couple had a child, Walter R. Brummett, Jr., around 1948, before divorcing on January 27, 1950. He then served in Korea in the 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. He was killed in action at Old Baldy, North Korea, on July 21, 1952. He is buried at the Pleasant View Cemetery in Clinton, Tennessee.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 26 September 1924
- Date of death: 21 July 1952
- County: Anderson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pleasant View Cemetery, Clinton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter R. Brummett
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.