Walter Levon Clark was born 4/21/1947 Died 10/29/1967. He was a SGT., received a Purple Heart, Army Commendation Medal and a Bronze Star. He was with Company C, 1st Battalion 8th Inf., 4th Inf. Div. He was killed while conducting a Search and Destroy Operation northwest of Ban Me Thout. He was killed when a round fell short giving him a fragment wound to the neck. In other words, By Friendly Fire. Thank you for what you do, our veterans should always be remembered for the price they paid. Sincerely, Betty Lambert, sister. P.S. He was survived by 7 sisters and 1 brother who think of him everyday.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 21 April 1947
- Date of death: 29 October 1967
- County: Sequatchie
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart, Army Commendation Medal, and Bronze Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hillside Cemetery, Belleville, Wayne County, Michigan
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter L. Clark
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.