Private First Class Walter Franklin was assigned to the 36th Armored Infantry Regiment, 3rd Armored Division.
He died of wounds on the 1st of May 1945 and was interred at D,7,26, Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 1 May 1945
- County: Fentress
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 36th Infantry Battalion, 3rd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter Franklin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.