First Lieutenant Walter E. Burnett, Jr. was born around 1919. He was the only child of Walter E. and Georgia M. Burnett. He grew up in Knoxville living with his parents and uncle, Will A. Burnett. First Lieutenant Burnett served in the Pacific theater in the Corps of Engineers. He died on Wednesday, July 22, 1942. His death is listed as died non-battle, died in a Japanese prisoner of war camp on Luzon. He is memorialized at Manila American Cemetery in Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines.
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 18 January 1920
- Date of death: 22 July 1942
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Corps of Engineers
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter E. Burnett Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.