Private First Class Walter Copeland was assigned to the 32nd Armored Regiment, 3rd Armored Division. The 3rd Armored Division was involved in the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944.
PFC Copeland was killed in combat on 23 December 1944. He was interred at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, plot D, row 14, site 45.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 23 December 1944
- County: Cumberland
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 32nd Armored Regiment, 3rd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Bulge
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter Copeland
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.