Private First Class Walter Charles Haag was a member of the 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division. He was seriously wounded by the enemy in South Korea on February 22, 1951 and died of those wounds the following day.
He is buried at the Liberty Church cemetery, Wartburg, TN.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 December 1932
- Date of death: 23 February 1951
- County: Morgan
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Liberty Church cemetery, Wartburg, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter C. Haag