Walter Bryce Mills
Walter B. Mills enlisted in the United States Army on July 31, 1942, at Camp Forrest, Tennessee, and served during World War II.
During the Korean War, Corporal Mills was a member of the 212th Military Police Company, 40th Infantry Division. He was killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea on August 11, 1950.
He was the nephew of Dr. D. J. Mills of 2942 Keith Avenue.
Corporal Mills was repatriated to Knoxville and was buried at Knoxville National Cemetery on September 10, 1951.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 14 February 1916
- Date of death: 11 August 1950
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 212th Military Police Company, 40th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Walter B. Mills
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.