Wallace Ray Lovelady
Son of James Henry Lovelady and Cecile McAffee. He was married and had a stillborn baby in 1950.
Sergeant Lovelady was a member of Headquarters and Service Company, 2nd Engineer Combat Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division. He was taken Prisoner of War while fighting the enemy near Kunu-ri, North Korea on November 30, 1950 and died while a prisoner on January 31, 1951. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 28 April 1928
- Date of death: 31 January 1951
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Engineer Combat Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Prisoner of War Medal, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Wallace R. Lovelady
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.