Wiley Wade Wagner was born on 1921 at Johnson County, Tennessee to Noah Macon Fred Wagner and Rosa” Rose ” Ollie Potter.
Killed in Action in Italy, 1944
7th Infantry, Company B
Sgt Wagner is buried at Shouns United Methodist Church Cemetery, Mountain City, Johnson County, Tennessee.
The Bristol Herald Courier, 19 September 1948
Funeral services for Sgt. Wiley Wade Wagner, killed in action in Italy, will be conducted at Shouns Methodist Church. Full military honors will be accorded at the grave.
Sgt. Wagner volunteered June 19, 1942, for service in the U.S. army. Receiving his basic traning at Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, he left in January, 1943, for overseas service. He was with Gen. George Patton in the African and Sicilian campaigns, later was transferred to Gen. Mark Clark’s army and fought on the Anzio beachhead. Surviving are his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Wagner and the following brothers and sisters; Mrs. O.S. Beckner and Murrel Wagner, both of Elizabethton, Tenn., Mrs. Edwin E. Brown, Johnson City, Tenn, Dale Wagner, St. Helen’s, Ore., and Hal Wagner, Shouns.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 31 August 1921
- Date of death: 2 February 1944
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Shouns, TN
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 7th Infantry, Company B
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shouns United Methodist Church Cemetery, Mountain City, Johnson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor W. Wade Wagner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.