Willie Emory Baughard was born 12 April 1925 to Isaac Bonham Baughard and Oda Kelton. Brother of Don I. and Trula Baughard.
He was killed in Action 3 May 1944, Anzio Beach, Italy.
Member of Company M-7, 3rd Infantry Division, Special training in heavy weapons.
The Greeneville Sun, Saturday July 31, 1948
The body of Pvt. Emory Baughard, son of Mr. and Mrs. I.B. Baughard of near Mt. Pleasant, who lost his life in the battle of Anzio Beachhead in Italy, will arrive in Greeneville on the Tennessean on Wednesday morning.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 April 1925
- Date of death: 3 May 1944
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Mosheim
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Company M, 7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Anzio
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mount Pleasant Methodist Church Cemetery, Greeneville, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor W. Emory Baughard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.