William Buford Bishop was born in Talbott, Tennessee. Son of Jacob Gloss Bishop and Eva Eliza Milligan. Husband of Jessie I. Howard. He died of wounds in 1918 at the age of 23 in Germany.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 11 June 1894
- Date of death: 10 November 1918
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Talbott
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 603rd Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Westview Cemetery, Jefferson City, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor W. Buford Bishop
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.