Vivian Conway (Connie) Speer
Born 18 March 1921, Tennessee
Died 22 December 1944, St. Vith, Belgium
Son of Lola Buford Speer and Lillie Alice Grant of 903 Polk Avenue, Johnson City.
Brother of Claude Milton, Hubert Aldon and Mary Evelyn Speer
Monte Vista Memorial Park, Johnson City, Washington County, Tennessee, USA
Private First Class
9th Armored Infantry, 2nd Armored Division
Headquarters Company, Combat Command B
The Greeneville Sun, February 8, 1945
Pfc. V. Conway Spears, son of Mr. and Mrs. L.B. Spears, 903 Park Avenue, Johnson City, died December 22 in a hospital in Belgium from wounds received in action. Pfc. Spears entered the service October 20, 1942. He received his basic training at Fort Riley, Kansas, a Camp in California and Camp Polk.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 March 1921
- Date of death: 22 December 1944
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 9th Armored Infantry, 2nd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Monte Vista Memorial Park, Johnson City, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Vivian C. Speer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.