Virgil Bowden was born 12 November 1890 in Jamestown, Tennessee. He served in Company H, 6th Infantry. He was killed in action on October 14, 1918 in France and initially buried at the American Cemetery Romagne-sous-Montfaucon, Meuse, France. He is buried in Arlington National Cemetery (Section 18, Site 2399).
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 November 1890
- Date of death: 14 October 1918
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Jamestown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company H, 6th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Virgil Bowden
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.