Victor William Clees
Born 13 May 1918, Montoursville, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania
Residence: Kingsport, Sullivan, Tennessee
William H. Clees (Father)
Orla A. (Northrup) Clees (Mother)
Orla L. Clees (Sister)
Sarah B. (Jacobs) Clees (Wife)
Patricia Clees (Daughter)
Gazette and Bulletin, Williamsport, Pa., dated March 1, 1945 and March 8, 1945:
Private Clees had been overseas since last March; from the US he was sent to Italy and participated in the invasion of southern France and Belgium before moving to Germany with his division.
A government message revealed that the soldier suffered battle wounds in action while performing duties in a chemical warfare unit.
He was graduated from Montoursville High School and inducted in August, 1943.
He married Sarah Blanche Jacobs and they had a 4 year old daughter, Patricia. His wife and daughter are living with Pvt Clees parents.
He died in Germany.
Buried at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
Plot F, Row 1, Grave 39
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 May 1918
- Date of death: 12 February 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 92nd Chemical Mortar Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Victor W. Clees
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.