Vernell Anderson was born 7 September 1920 to Lewis Henry Anderson and Stella Osborn. He died 27 August 1944 in France as a result of a vehicle accident. He had been in service 23 months and overseas for about four months. He is buried at Cedar Grove Cemetery, Athens, TN.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 September 1920
- Date of death: 27 August 1944
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Athens
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 825th Tank Destroyer Battalion, Company B
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cedar Grove Cemetery, Athens, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Vernell Anderson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.