Private First Class Troy Tony Threet was born on June 8, 1947, and was originally from Elyria, Ohio. He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Marine Corps, as a rifleman in G Company, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division. His tour in Vietnam began on December 24, 1967. Less than two months later, on February 10, 1968, PFC Threet was killed under hostile conditions in Thua Thien province, South Vietnam; he was 20 years old at the time of his death. PFC Threet is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 38E, Line 73.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 8 June 1947
- Date of death: 10 February 1968
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Elyria, Oh
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Crossville City Cemetery, Crossville, Cumberland County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Troy T. Threet
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.