Tommy Davidson was born in Pennsylvania around 1922 to Grover Cleveland Davidson and Florence Snow. He enlisted on 13 January 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia. He was killed in action in 1944 in France.
The Chattanooga Times, December 8, 1947
Whitwell, Tenn., Dec. 7 –Funeral services for Pfc. Thomas W. (Tommy) Davidson, 18, who died in a hospital in France on Aug. 2, 1944, will be held at the Whitwell Church of Christ. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Grover C. Davidson.
Survivors, his parents; two sisters, Mrs. Geneva Brumlow of Detroit, Michigan and Mrs. Jobyna Jones, Whitwell; seven brothers, Pearl of Monteagle; Harold, James, Floyd, Paul, Bob and Grover Jr., all of Whitwell.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 October 1922
- Date of death: 4 August 1944
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Whitwell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Red Hill Cemetery Whitwell, Marion County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Tommy Davidson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.