Thurman Jacob Leach was born in Washington County, Tennessee. He joined the Army at the age of 21 on 20 September 1917 at Johnson City, TN. He sailed on 1 May 1918, arriving in Europe on 26 May 1918. He was transferred from Company B, 328th Infantry to Company, II Infantry, 30th Division. He died of wounds received in action in France. Buried in the American Cemetery, Bony, Aisne, France and reburied on March 1919 in the Leach Cemetery, 2247 Cherokee Road, Johnson City, TN.
Born 20 February 1896, Washington County, Tennessee
Died 30 September 1918
Son of John Caswell Leach and Aschsah “Axie” Huffine
On the photo Thurman on the right and his twinbrother Sherman on the left.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 20 February 1896
- Date of death: 30 September 1918
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Leach Cemetery, 2247 Cherokee Road, Johnson City, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thurman J. Leach
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.