Thomas Wormsley was born 22 July 1925 to Samuel George Wormsley and Freddie Hallcox.
He died 2 December 1944
Buried at Estes Cemetery, Coalfield, TN
335th Infantry Regiment, 84th Infantry Division, Company L
The Knoxville Journal, February 1, 1945
Mr. and Mrs. Sam Wormsley of Coalfield, have been notified by the War Department that their son, Pvt. T.J. Wormsley was killed in action in Germany Dec. 2. He was 19.
Private Wormsley was in the infantry and received his training at Fort McClellan, Ala., and Camp Maxey, Texas. He was employed at Oak Ridge before entering service in January, 1944. He had been overseas since October.
Clinton Courier News, Oct. 7, 1948
Pvt. Thomas Wormsley, 19, who was killed in Germany Dec. 2, 1944, was brought to the home of his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Sam Wormsley, in Coalfield last week. Survivors other than the parents are four sisters: Wilma, Bonnie, Elenora and Barbara Ann all of Coalfield, one niece: Gail Smith and the grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. S.S. Hallcox of Clinton and Mr. and Mrs. Sam Wormsley Sr. of Coalfield.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 22 July 1925
- Date of death: 2 December 1944
- County: Morgan
- Hometown: Coalfield
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 335th Infantry Regiment, 84th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Estes Cemetery, Coalfield, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thomas Wormsley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.