Private Thomas T. Dooley was assigned to the 33rd Armored Regiment, 3rd Armored Division. The Division received its baptism of fire in the Normandy Campaign.
Private Dooley was given a finding of death 7 August 1944 at Le Mesnil-Adelée near St-Lo, France. He is remembered on the Tablets of the Missing, Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 1 October 1913
- Date of death: 7 August 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 33rd Armored Regiment, 3rd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thomas T. Dooley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.