Born 21 December 1918
Died non Battle 3 August 1945
Squadron C-3, 2140th AAFBU, SAA Field, Smyrna, Tennessee
T/Sgt Ladd enlisted on 17 October 1940 at Fort McPherson, Atlanta, Georga. He had returned home after serving three years in the Southwest Pacific as a ground crew chief with the Fifth Air Forces and at this post was assigned as a plane mechanic. He died at Rural near Smyrna, Rutherford, Tennessee of a fracture of the skull caused by a motorcycle accident.
The Knoxville Journal, August 5, 1945
Tech. Sgt. Thomas M. Ladd, South Harriman, was killed accidentally August 3 near Murfeesboro. He had served overseas 3 ½ years. He had been home on a furlough and was returning to his base.
Survivors, mother, Mrs. Pope Ladd; one sister, Mrs. Helen Phillips.
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 21 December 1918
- Date of death: 3 August 1945
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Harriman
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 5th Air Force
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Dyllis Church Cemetery, Dyllis, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thomas M. Ladd
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.