Private Thomas Martin Cain was born in Benton, Tennessee to Martin Van Buren and Georgia Cain. He entered the service on March 26, 1918 at Knoxville, Tennessee. He served with the 327th Infantry, 82nd Division. He was killed in action in France at the age of 24 and was initially buried at the American Cemetery Argonne, Romagne-sous-Montfaucon, Meuse in France. He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Photo from the Chattanooga Sunday Times Memorial Supplement May 25, 1919
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 June 1893
- Date of death: 16 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Benton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 327th Infantry Regiment, 82nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thomas M. Cain
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.