Technician 4th Class Thomas E. Rodgers was born on July 27, 1918. He worked as a realtor before joining the military. He enlisted in the Field Artillery of the National Guard on February 24, 1941 in Maryville, Tennessee. He served in the European/Mediterranean Theater of war with the 141st Field Artillery Battalion. He was killed in action on December 9, 1944. His body was returned from Limey-Toul in France to the United States aboard the U.S.A.T. Lawrence Victory in August 1948. He is buried in Knoxville National Cemetery (Plot B, Site 6208).
- Rank: Technician 4th Class
- Date of birth: 27 July 1918
- Date of death: 9 December 1944
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Friendsville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 241st Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe/Mediterranean
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thomas E. Rodgers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.