PFC Thomas Clarence Cockrum was born in 1922 in Tennessee. He enlisted on 2 February 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia. Died non Battle in Burma, Mahaica-Berbice, Guyana in 1944.
The Knoxville Journal, September 17, 1944
Memorial service for Thomas Clarence Cockrum, son of Rev. And Mrs. B.C. Cockrum, of Mill Springs, will be held 2:30 p.m. Sunday from Flat Gap Baptist Church, of which he was a member. Private Cockrum was reported by the War Department to have drowned in Burma on July 21.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 30 December 1922
- Date of death: 21 July 1944
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Mill Springs
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 96th Battalion
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Market Cemetery, New Market, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thomas C. Cockrum
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.