Thomas Carold (or Carroll) Cate was born 17 February 1896, Cleveland, Tennessee to Felix Grundy and Mary Elizabeth Cate. He entered the service on 20 September 1917 at Benton Tennessee and received his training at Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia; Camp Jackson in South Carolina and Camp Hancock in Augusta, Georgia. He sailed to Europe on 1 August 1918, arriving on August 10.
He died of wounds received in action on 11 November at the Base Hospital in France.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 17 February 1896
- Date of death: 11 November 1918
- County: Polk
- Hometown: Ocoee
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 318th Machine Gun Battalion, 81st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: St. Die Sector, Meuse-Argonne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lebanon Baptist Cemetery, Cleveland, Bradley County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Thomas C. Cate
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.