Born 5 September 1923
Died 26 May 1945
498th Bomber Squadron, 345th Bomber Group
Sgt Harrell was returned from Oahu-Schofield Barracks Mausoleum No. 2, Hawaiian Islands. He was buried together with Corporal Harold O. Montville at Zachary Taylor National Cemetery, Louisville, Jefferson County in Kentucky.
He served on aircraft B-25J with serial number 43-36192, nickname Jaunty Jo. They had taken a fatal hit from a hidden anti-aircraft battery during a strike on the Byoritsu oil refinery, Formosa. All aboard perished. The Jaunty Jo was not his regular plane. He volunteered for this plane and mission, because they were short a radio operator.
1st Lt Lloyd E. Bodell
2nd Lt Robert J. Knauf
2nd Lt Martin H. Mulner Jr.
Sgt Tennyson C. Harrell
Cpl Harold O. Montville
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 5 September 1923
- Date of death: 26 May 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 498th Bomber Squadron, 345th Bomber Group
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Zachary Taylor National Cemetery, Louisville, KY
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Tennyson C. Harrell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.