Private Talmadge Frazier US Army was assigned to the 13th Infantry Regiment 8th Infantry Division. The 8th ID crossed Omaha Beach on the 4th Of July 1944, and entered combat on the 7th of July, fighting through the hedgerows. It crossed the Ay River on 26th of July and took the town of Rennes the 8th of August and moved on Brest in September.
Private Frazier was killed in action on 4th of September 1944. He was interred at the Brittany American Cemetery, G,10,11, St James, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 4 September 1944
- County: Sevier
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 13th Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Talmadge Frazier
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.