Private Stiner (Steiner) Wright was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Otis Wright of Sharps Chapel. In addition to his parents he was survived by brothers, J.C. Wright, L.A. Wright, Roy, Max, Ralph, Jack, and Arnold Wright and sister, Mrs. Emma Jean Rogers.
Private Wright was a member of Company A, 3rd Engineer Combat Battalion, 24th Infantry Division.
He was repatriated back to his hometown of Sharps Chapel and funeral services were held at Irwin’s Chapel with graveside services following at Graves Cemetery. American Legion Post 212 was in charge of services at the graveside.
Private Wright was awarded the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation and the Republic of Korea War Service Medal.
Died as the result of injuries sustained when the truck in which he was riding slid over an embankment and overturned. An unknown object pierced his back and penetrated his heart.
Submitted by his brother, Roy K. Wright
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 20 May 1929
- Date of death: 24 October 1951
- County: Union
- Hometown: Sharps Chapel
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Engineer Combat Battalion, 24th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Graves Cemetery, Sharps Chapel, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Stiner Wright
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.