Private Stephen V. Gibson was the son of Isaac and Katherine Gibson and the brother of William B. Gibson, Vesta J. Gibson, Agusta G. Gibson, and John Gibson. He served in the European Theater of the war in the 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. He was killed in action on June 4, 1944, and is buried at the Sicily-Rome American Cemetery in Nettuno, Italy (Plot G, Row 9, Grave 25).
Stephen V. Gibson was married to Jenny Reagan 1917-2007 md. July 1, 1939 in Blount County, TN.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 4 June 1944
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Stephen V. Gibson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.