Simon Cole was born in Morristown, Tennessee, the son of Thomas Cole and Martha Jane Burchell. Husband of Martha Louise Campbell. He was a laborer before his induction into military service on 23 June 1918 at Camp Gordon, Georgia. He died at the age of 26 at Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia of influenza.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 20 February 1893
- Date of death: 27 October 1918
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company A, 1st Replacement Infantry Regiment
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Prospect Cemetery, Rutledge, Grainger County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Simon Cole
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.